Friday 11 November 2011

Bag Books: Julie & Julia (Part 1)



Julie & Julia by Julie Powell


I started to read this after I'd seen the movie, this is one of 2 instances where I've enjoyed the movie more than the book, (the other being Wanted).

I guess it's because the movie was mostly food centered, where there's alot of American Politic in the book. It was very distracting, having to stop reading to research a party that I don't fully understand, maybe it's because the majority of my government are Eton toffs. I also believe that this is the most political I will talk, as politics are up there with religion as a conversation topic, meaning one I prefer to avoid.

As you may have picked up in the opening sentance,or blog title for that matter, I actually haven't finished this book.

I enjoy it when she's talking about cooking, or even the little tales of moving furniture, they are so enjoyable, and what make the movie great, but when every other paragraph is some political dig, then I just cannot get engrossed.

I'll conclude this review, aka Part 2, once I've finished reading the book, though I am being greatly distracted by comic books and graphic novels at this moment in time, so it could be a couple of weeks yet.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment