Friday 9 December 2011

Bag Books: The Carrie Diaries



The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

As I reviewed Sex and the City last week, I thought I'd move onto the prequels.

I guess it's not difficult to see where I got the inspiration for the title: 'The Carrie Files' now is it?

Of course I had this on the day it came out! I walked all around Wolverhampton in my boots (sadly not Manolos) until I found it. Then I started reading it on the bus home.

It was really interesting to read about Carrie's family, as you never see them in the TV show, and they're not really mentioned as I recall. So getting to know a loved character a bit better is always a big plus.

I found her escapades in school to be interesting, and funnily enough I could relate to her in some parts.

Without spoiling it, people who are lovers of the series will love the very ending of the book, as a very familiar (and loved) character answers the phone.

I read this in about a day because I loved it, and it isn't a difficult read either, so it's nice to pick up at each chapter.

So, I guess it's only fitting that I review Summer & the City next week.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment