Friday 2 December 2011

Bag Books: Sex and the City



Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell

With 20+ weeks of re-creating Carrie's looks, I think it's about time I wrote about the book!

First off, I'm going to say that my copy of the book is not that sexy, I have the TV show cover with the four girls on where they're all wearing Little Black Dresses.

This is the book which spawned the series which spawned the movies, it's a great character driven piece, but I certainly enjoyed the Carrie you see on screen to the one you read about in this novel, which was first published in 1996.

It certainly explores the the bedrooms of the New York elite, and you see several of it's themes throughout the series.

Series one of SatC certainly has a more book based Carrie, but I'm glad she got developed into the fashionista that she became.

This was a really good first novel for Bushnell.

What can I say? If you love Sex and the City, it's definately worth a read.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment