Friday 18 November 2011

Bag Books: Julie & Julia (Part 2)



Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

I finished it! I still stand by what I said in Part One of this book review, but http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifit's alot more enjoyable after the first 100 pages.

Once you hit that mark it becomes alot more about the cooking aspect, I also found that I could relate to Powell in her cooking endevours because of my own.

Julie Powell has inspired me and I'm sure it was around the time of seeing the movie that I thought I should get serious with my cooking, or perhaps try something more difficult/different.

I really felt involved and amazed at the attention she recieved, I'm sure once I get my hands on that cookbook I'll be able to fully realise what she went through. As far as biographies go, this is one of the interesting ones, and I'm most likely not the only one to get why it became, a very enjoyable, movie.

I found myself laughing at her remarks, even rolling my eyes with good humour at times.

So, ladies and gentlemen, snap up this book and read it good, as it's a much more enjoyable book than I thought it was going to be at the start.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

For anyone interested; an extended 'full' version of this review will soon be available on Lozzy's Tasty Buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment