Thursday 23 June 2011

Test Subject: e.l.f

e.l.f (eyes lips face)

I hadn't heard of this company until recently, when I noticed them popping up in a few of the magazines I had been reading. I started researching them and discovered their facebook page, where they give you exclusive special offers, which, in my book, is great insentive to actually buy their products. (Offers range from free post to free make up with minimum orders).
When they posted that there would be free postage on their site for a limited time, I thought it was finally time to buy the products I was eyeing up.


So here's what I got:
Enlarge to see products clearly.

(Studio)Eye primer and Liner Sealer: £3.50

What they say:

"The Prime side sets your eyeshadow in so your color won't fade, bleed or crease. The Liner side transforms your favorite eye shadow into a waterproof, smudge-proof liquid liner with this unique clear liquid and built-in felt tip precision eyeliner brush. Now you can have your eye makeup lasting longer for no fuss no budge color."

What I say:

First off, this is a brilliant price for a dual product.
When I first looked at the primer part I was slightly worried as the stick is shiny, this made me think that it'd be an oily product, but when I applied it I found it to be a lovely base product and in no way shiny. I found that it blended across my eyelid without dragging.
The liner sealer intruiged me, I tested it out on the eyeshadow, but also over my Gold intense eyeliner pen (Barry M) and it worked on both! It does take about a minute to dry, once applied, but I guess that's blusher time, so it's not a problem for me.

Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in Blackberry Creme: £1.50

What they say:

"Salvation for parched lips. This innovative balm coats lips with natural nutrients and skin soothers to condition even the most sensitive lips. Infused with Shea Butter and Vitamins A & E for long lasting protection."

What I say:

This is lovely my lips felt great as soon as I applied it, it literally glided on. It also has a wonderful sheer tint to it, and my lips have a beautiful subtle shine. This is definately a 'no-makeup-makeup' kind of product, great for days of minimal makeup like work, school, gym etc.

Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Bark: £1.50


What they say:

"True color therapy is here. Intensive hydrating agents along with natural pigments leave lips with Long-lasting color and moisture. This luscious liquid lipstick creates wearable color that flatters a multitude of skin tones and looks."

What I say:

This is such a shiny lip product! It really is amazing, it has a minty scent that makes your lips tingle and feel/look fuller. Unlike other lipsticks/glosses/tints this didn't make my lips feel dry. The colour itself complimented my skin tone and isn't too over the top. It's really easy to apply too, just twist until the product appears, then glide on.

Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory: £1.50

What they say:

"SPF 15 formula helps combat premature aging and protects against sun damage while leaving skin radiant and lightly hydrated. "

What I say:

This is a great little product, for those days when you don't want to wear foundation but want a little coverage. I was hesitant as it could have made me look oily, mostly on my nose, but it didn't. I know others are divided over the scent of this product, but I find the orangy scent rather refreshing. I adore products that have SPF, so this fits right in.


(Studio) Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths: £3.50

What they say:

"Gently and easily cleans skin to remove all traces of makeup and dirt, even waterproof mascara. Great for on-the-go travel. Gentle cloths are soft and soothing for even the most sensitive skin. Infused with Aloe Vera Extract for deep hydration and moisture. 20 Pre-moistened cloths included."

What I say:

These are brilliant! When using face wipes, I usually find that you really have to rub to get eyeline off and repeatedly tug at my eyelashes to get mascara off and then the wipes aren't that moist, but these are so wonderfully wet compared to other wipes, that even tough double coated mascara came off in an instant. These wipes even have a built in moisturizer. I think these are perfect for after a night out when you've really piled the makeup on but are too tired to properly wash off your makeup and go through your nightly routine.

Brightening Eye Colour in Glam: £1.50

What they say:

"Luxuriously smooth, corn silk formula provides eyes with a neutral base and an awakened brightness."

What I say:

You'll often find that the colour you see in the palette does not match what you apply, but honestly, with thise little quad you really do get the colour you see in the palette. I really love the fact that you can use this quad in different ways for different occasions, and all 4 shades go together. What's also nice is that 2 shades have a shimmer but the other two are matt. It comes with it's own little applicator but also a tiny mirror so you can do your eyeson the go!



Final note:

I was so impressed with the products, they wear brilliantly. When I ordered them, I was expecting them to be rather small but I was pleasantly surprised, you get alot for your money. I really like the packaging the products come in.

The website is so easy to navigate.

The delivery is brilliant, when I placed my order, I was expecting it to be arriving end of the week/next week, I was not expecting it to arrive the very next day! I most definately shall order again.

I give e.l.f a huge thumbs up!


Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment