Friday 5 August 2011

Bag Books: A Big Little Life


A Big Little Life: A memoir of a joyful dog by Dean Koontz is my book of choice this week.

Dean Koontz is perhaps best known for his dark thrillers, not anything as sweet as this story.

This book is the memoir of his beautiful Lab, Trixie (or Short-Stuff, or anything else that sprang to his mind). It's such a wonderful read that makes you laugh, smile, cry and wonder. These are feelings that you have when you are a pet owner, who truely loves their animal companion.

Trixie inspired his novels, she has such a wonderful personality and spirit. I really enjoyed reading this book, it really made me think of my own dog, I could relate to Koontz's writing, I laughed at Trixie's mischieviousness, I was full of wonder at the religious thoughts, I smiled at their special relationship and I cried at the end.

I will say, if you liked the Marley & Me film, you will like this book.

It's paperback so it'll just fit in your bag or pocket, convienient. Each chapter is accompanied by a wonderful photograph of Trixie, those alone would brighten your travel time.

I give this book a big, double thumbs up.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment