Friday 12 August 2011

Bag Books: Last Chance


Last Chance by Sarah Dessen

I have had this book for about 10 years without reading it, I got it free on J17 magazine. So when I finally got around to reading it I wished I'd read it years ago.

This was such a nice little read. I finished it in a few hours and I was really pleased with the reading experience it gave me.

Actually, not only did I enjoy the reading experience but I also felt better about myself for reading it. The theme of the book is self esteem and looks into how you see yourself may not be how others see you.

I felt empathy for Colie (the main character) as I remember my own teen years, badly dyed black hair and facial piercing and all. You follow her journey as she grows as a person in such a short space of time, and she barely changed on the outside.

The author, herself, says this is a summer read, it isn't a lengthy book, so I imagine it is just perfect for throwing into your suitcase and reading poolside, or simply reading on the bus in those ten minute snatches.

I give it a thumbs up.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment