Sunday 24 April 2011

Wrestlemania Revenge

As anyone might know, last weekend (Saturday 16th April) my fiance and myself went to the Wrestlemania Revenge tour in Birmingham. For those who don't know, Wrestlemania Revenge is put on by the WWE, meaning; it's wrestling. The show that was in Birmingham (LG Arena) was a Raw show.

So, it starts in the train station, Birmingham New Street to be exact. The platform was packed and when the train came in we ended up in First Class with standard tickets...... but because the train was so packed, the conducter didn't get to us in time to get the £10 off each of us to bump up our tickets before we got off! Yay!

The queue to get into the arena was massive! Also, a sea of red & purple! Those would be the John Cena fans, two of which included two women.... These women *sigh* they had their purple Cena shirts tied to reveal their navels, tiny shorts, black tights, I'd say 40 denier, and stripper shoes, one had a Cena headband as a garter. I couldn't help, as we walked past them saying: "He can't see you" to Craig, but loud enough to hear, which he laughed....rather amused.

I was, of course, wearing my CORRE shirt, despite them not being there.

Our seats were Block 4 Row U 114& 115, we had a rather decent view of the ring. I did take photos but they weren't the best, so I wont post any here, because it's not the easiest to make them out.

I will say, arena sweets are rather over priced. 2 bottles of cola and 2 packs of sweets came to £9! Usually pay £4 max at a shop.

Back to the wrestling, well it hasn't started yet....

As the arena lights dimmed the crowd went wild, and that was the safety instructions, but as soon as the lovely (and potentially related to me, you never know!) Justin Roberts (ring announcer) stepped into the ring, we some-how got louder! Roberts was ring announcer/bell attendant that night.

First match of the night was a 6 man tag match (3 on 3) scheduled for one fall. Crowd favourites were Santino, Kozlov and Evan 'Air' Bourne, they were against The Uzo's and Tyson Kidd. I do feel sorry for The Uzo's and Kidd, because they are decent wrestlers and they've been jobbing alot lately, these guys are pure wrestling blood, the Uzo's being the twin sons of Rikishi, and Kidd being trained in the Hart family dungeon. Though I am always impressed (and want to mother) little Evan Bourne. He is pure cuteness and skill, and his finisher, Air Bourne (shooting star press) leaves me jaw dropped everytime. When he did it, I screamed, I love it. For me it's up there with Justin Gabriel's 450 splash. Santino & Kozlov are such a great comedy duo, such an odd couple.
Winner: Santino, Kozlov & Bourne

Second match, no one really knew who it was, but Percy Watson got attcked by Primo in a run-in. It was a decent mach, and I cheered despite not knowing who they were at first, because they deserve it, they put theirselves out there each night.
Winner: Percy Watson

The 3rd match was a Diva's match, between the new Diva's Champion Brie Bella and Eve Torres. As ever Brie, just like the cheese, I do not like her, was accompanied to the ring by her twin sister Nicki. The Bella's did their usual Twin Magic, but got caught. I happen to like Eve though, she's a smart diva, also had some impressive pyro and I adore her attire.
Winner: Brie Bella


The 4th match was between Alex Riley, affectionately called A-Ri and......wait for it......... Sin Cara! Sin Cara's entrance is a fave of mine, I love how he bounces into the ring. These two worked really well together in the ring. I actually couldn't believe that Sin Cara was on the tour, because he's so shiny and new to the WWE! He also looks like a Power Ranger. Though I adore A-Ri, due to association with The Miz, and his own charms. His attire is rather fashionable at the moment, what with all these varsity jackets all over the high street.
Winner: Sin Cara


5th Match, and personally my favourite of the night, was a Street Fight (fans choice) between CM Punk and Randy Orton. The reception of the crowd to Orton was insane. Most memorable was CM Punk pleading with the referee about the type of match, also taking the microphone out of Justin Roberts's hands to try and get the audience to change their minds, before saying: "It should have been 2 out of 3, Birmingham" and striking Orton over the head with it, creating an amazing "BOOM" sound. The amount of dirty looks Craig & I got for cheering for Punk was insane. We practically were on the recieving end of them all night. It was a beautiful match, with weapons galore. The finish was the same few moves as ever.
Winner: Randy Orton

I have to say, I wasn't a Punk fan at first, infact refering to him as 'Bitch face' at one stage, but as I've grown up I appreciate him so much more, maybe it's how sarcastic I am, or my sense of humour, but there is just something about Punk that I adore. I do believe that society would be alot better if there were more people like CM Punk and less like Jeff Hardy (don't get me started on him). He may come off as preachy but that's his in-ring gimmick, Punk himself would be a guy I'd want to hang out with. Why? Well, the man knows how to appreciate pizza and ice-cream for one reason alone. I did once dream I had a conversation with him regarding the best ice-cream flavours. I never said it was a normal dream, but for me, that is rather mundane.

After the street fight, Melina (whom I've met in the past) and R-Truth appeared to host a dance off. This didn't interest me too much, as I'd preferred it to have been some of the locker room participating instead of the audience, but I'll just have to go and watch the videos that I favourited on youtube instead. But some little local kid won.

Then there was an intermission and the line for the toilets was a long one, but I just went in the disabled one, seeing as no one was queueing there! I'm telling you this because it's integral to the next part, there's an amusing bit coming up. I'd lost Craig to the Men's loo queue so I went back to my seat. He still hadn't come back when it started again.

The 6th match was between Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison. When Ziggler's music hit I screamed and began to cheer, then after a beat it dawned on me, and I said out loud: "I don't like Dolph" to no one in particular. Craig returned for Morrison to enter the ring. Again this was a decent match, I have no clue why they needed that Snooki, Steeki more like, thing at Wrestlemania. And at this point, 2 days before Raw aired, Ziggler still had blond hair, and I'd been saying for a while that he needed his roots doing.
Winner: John Morrison


The next match was Daniel Bryan versus the new United States Champion, Sheamus. For one thing I couldn't believe how many boo's Bryan got! He's such a nice guy! Craig and I were looking forward to chanting "Daniel Bryan *clap clap clap clap clap*". I guess that Sheamus got so many cheers due to him being from Ireland.
Winner: Sheamus

We arrive at the moment I had been waiting for all night. The Miz versus John Cena. I really think that the Miz is to put it simply, awesome. I really adore him, look up to him etc. I met him the same day I met Melina, he is really cute, he also offered me a chocolate that day, that's something to remember! I've cheered for him ever since. Hell, I watch Blue Peter just for him. He really deserves that title, "not belt, you can get a belt from Target." The Miz

Of course the sea of red and purple made so much noise! I seriously thought I'd get hearing damage. Damn children giving me evil eyes everytime I cheered my hero. Though Cena didn't dissapoint. Alex Riley interfered by hitting Cena with the silver brief case. Yet another great match, and to make things even better the Annonymous Raw General Manager deciding that The Miz and A-Ri should be a tag team against John Cena and Sin Cara! This was an amazing match, I don't think I shut up through it and I did lose my voice.
Winner #1: John Cena by disqualification
Winner #2: John Cena and Sin Cara

Once we'd made our way out of the arena we barely made it onto the train it was so packed! Seeing as it was last train too, we were lucky for squeezing in.

I hate walking across Birmingham city center at close-to-Midnight, full of drunks and letches.

So I'll leave you with the only video I captured that night, Sin Cara's entrance.

Peace, love and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment