Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding 2011

Really, how could I not post about this? I'm not usually the most patriotic person, maybe it's because I'm engaged myself, or simply wanted to see the dress, but at about 8am I forced myself (and Craig) to roll out of bed, head downstairs and watch the coverage on television with Craig's mom and sister. Those two had been up since 6am for this! But we sat, judged the outfits of guests entering the abbey and drank our tea (latte in my case, I cannot stand tea).

I was shocked at the lack of colour the guests were wearing, playing it safe in dated tones, and the hats....ugh! Ok, some looked like amazing pieces of art, that should have been on a podium, not the head of some person who is important enough to warrant the invitation to a Royal wedding! I have also decided that hats are to be banned from my wedding, well those sort of hats anyway!

But when David and Victoria Beckham arrived, we made noise. He looked so dashing, and his hair looked great. That man has seriously got better with age. As for Victoria, I guess dressing a baby bump and looking smart enough for a State do is tricky, not had to do it myself, but what she wore was pretty to say the least, that hat was something else though.


David and Victoria Beckham arriving at Westminster Abbey



Collective descision was that Prince's William and Harry looked absolutely dashing in their officer's uniforms.
Prince's Harry (left) and William heading to Westminster Abbey


I've always thought that HRH The Queen has always dressed well, and I was definately expecting a bright coloured suit, she didn't disappoint.
"The Queen wearing an Angela Kelly designed single crepe wool primrose dress with hand sown beading at the neck" - Courtesy of Clarence House


The Queen and Prince Phillip heading to Westminster Abbey

Then, of course the moment we'd all been waiting for. The moment that Kate stepped out of the car. Her dress was perfect! Not over the top, but very classy, without being frumpy.

"
Kate Middleton's wedding dress is an ivory gown with lace applique floral detail designed by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen" -

Kate Middleton arriving at Westminster Abbey

As she walked down the aisle I was close to tears, so was Craig's mom, but his sister did cry, no shame in it, for a very reliogious wedding it was beautiful. One of my favourite moments was seeing the Queen move her mouth, but not actually singing the hymns.

I have to say, today I was proud to be Brittish. The masses that turned up to stand in the crowd and celebrate such a lovely occassion, whilst being well behave made me rather happy today. So I leave you with the image everyone was waiting for, the kiss.

The kiss


Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

All the images I used in this blog were taken from BBC Royal Wedding's twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment