Friday 30 September 2011

Bag Books: Happyslapped by a Jellyfish


Happyslapped by a Jellyfish by Karl Pilkington
And if the title of this blog wasn't enough to draw you in.....

I promise, this is the last time you'll see a Karl Pilkington related book on here, for a while at least, because I think I've read them all now, I mean, there can't be anymore can there? Comment below if there are.

For those who don't know, 'Happy Slapping' was a phenomenon a few years ago, about the time mobile phones started having video recorders built in, where you would attack a stranger all in good fun, at least one man died from it.

Right, to the reviewing!

This book is another insight to the mind of Karl Pilkington, though this is purely Karl, his thoughts, his diary, his illustrations and photographs.

I found myself laughing at the foreword and continued laughing all the way through reading this book.

This book is perfect for this time of year, as the days grow darker and shorter bringing on the Winter blues. It'll certainly make you chuckle, plus it's a great conversation piece:


"I just read that the first time he went to Ibiza, his mother packed a garden gnome in his case and he got stopped in the airport."

How can this not have your companion chuckling and continuing the conversation? If they aren't chuckling then they'll probably be astounded by the naivity of the man.

If you liked the other Karl themed books I've reviewed, then I certainly think I've left the best 'til now (I'm assuming there'll be another travel diaries for Idiot Abroad: The Bucket List). It'd make a great present for any Pilkington fans, or anyone who likes funny material.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment