Friday 9 September 2011

Bag Books: The Sins of the Fathers


The Sins of the Fathers by Lawrence Block

You know, I'm not entirely sure where I got this book, it just sort of appeared on my bookshelf. Quite glad it did though. After reading Afterwards, last weeks installment of Bag Books, I needed a shorter book, like a sorbet after steak. So I picked up The Sins if the Fathers.

I like the fact that it clearly tells you the book's genre on the cover 'Mystery'. It certainly is a book for someone who enjoys detective mysteries, or C.S.I, like me, and it is always fun to try and work out the killer as your thrown curve-balls (I think this is an American phrase, but then again I've never had interest in sports so it could be a cricket term).

I may have to look out for some more of these Matt Scudder Mysteries, but I hope I haven't read the 3rd installment first, as that would really piss me off.

The chapters are short and the characters are easy enough to imagine, even if they aren't given much description. Overall a decent little read.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment