Friday 23 September 2011

Bag Books: Unbreakable Ties


Unbreakable Ties by Xowie Brandt

A great story from an author who should be better known, and perhaps write a follow up.

I was completely engrossed when I read this book. It's very descriptively written, painting a clear picture of the story and all it's characters. There's always another plot twist heading your way making you never want to put it down.

The short chapters make this a great book for traveling, as you always have a milestone.

The religious aspect of this novel isn't as obvious as most, Dan Brown, where the author has practically made it jump out at you like a flasher, wearing nothing but a tea cosy on their head. Like I said, the Pagan religion is subtly written in, yet it gives a real weight to the whole story.

At first, from looking at the front cover and reading the blurb, I didn't see how the two were connected, though this became clear a few chapters in. [The author even lent herself to the cover's artwork.]

The only thing I found I disliked about the book itself, was the couple of times the wrong words were used, that a spellchecker wouldn't catch, such as 'the' instead of 'they'. Though this did only bother me for a fraction of a second before I was sucked back into the plot. I guess this is a risk you run when you read an 'indie' author.

Overall, this is definately a great read, and it's available on Amazon, so go, purchase, and have a happy time reading!

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment