Friday 21 October 2011

Bag Books: Black Summer #0



Black Summer issue #0 by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp

Oh I know, another comic book, I will resume the books at some point but I'm so enthralled by this comic.

Issue #0 sets up the premise for the run. When you allow superheroes to punish your criminals for you, and judge who is a criminal, what happens when they realise that it's the leaders of the country who is the biggest criminal of all.

"When the political situation in the USA becomes more than Horus can stand, he moves to take matters into his own hands. But since not all his other team-mates aren't so eager to throw the world into chaos, an epic conflict starts to form. And no one will be safe as the bodies start to fall. "

The art in this comic is wonderful, it abides by the general laws of drawing humans so they're all in proportion.

I have noticed, though, that these comic I've recommended to you, both contain drawings of a naked male arse, nice.

The story itself is amazing and I find myself eagerly anticipating the arrival of issue #1 through my letter box. (I know I'm way behind on reading this comic, but I'm excited non the less).

This is AWESOME! *cough* sorry, the 90's kid in me escaped, it is unavoidable at times though, especially when confronted with a brilliant piece of work such as this.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment