Friday 28 October 2011

Bag Books: Storm Born



Storm Born by Richele Mead

Admittedly I was searching for the graphic novel version when I found this, though I'm glad that I got this instead.

Anyone who follows me on Twitter will know that I was reading this and really enjoying it, and I quote (myself):

I have to say, that book was smutty...smutty in a good way!


It's one of the sexy fantasy novels, in the same style as Charlainne Harris and Rachel Caine. Though the sex scenes are more detailed than Caine's but almost equal to Harris's.

So if you like a little smut, go for this book.

The story is great, not revealing everything up front but allowing you to discover things as events unfold for the main character.

As you know I never write spoilers, just what you find on the blurb, one reason I wanted to read this story was this:

Just typical. No love life to speak of for months, then all at once, every horny creature in the Otherworld wants to get in your pants. . .


That sentence had me giggling for a long time, the way it's written, almost like "Typical, you wait for ages then 3 buses come along at once."

It gets better from there but I'll let you find that out yourself.

I really recommend this book as it is a good read, you might even find you enjoy it so much that you purchase the graphic novel.

So that's it for this hyperactive review.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment