Monday 10 October 2011

Top 10 Heroines

Here is a quick peek at my Top 10 heroines. Look out for 'Looks' of these fab girls in the future.

#10



Nemi


Nemi is at number 10 if only for making lone bus rides fun by reading her comic strip, perhaps you could call her an anti-heroine but what the hell, it's my list.
Nemi is a character in her own comic strip, Nemi.

#9



Silk Spectre II


Just because she kicks so much ass in Watchmen, also a nod to her mother. Well I say she kicks ass, she has sex with a glowing blue guy, she's adventurous. She does contribute to the story line though. Honestly, I think she's here due to the fact se wears a yellow costume, and I really love that costume.
Silk Spectre is a character in Watchmen by Alan Moore.

#8



Hit Girl


Now here's a girl who really does kick ass. I'm in awe of here, really, I just love her. I don't know how better I can explain it, though I really love purple...I guess that'll do.
Hit Girl is a character in KickAss by Mark Millar.

#7



Rouge


My favourite character in X-Men. She's strong and confident, sexy too. I used to love her & Gambit's flirting in the animated series which I grew up with. As I grew up I even loved her in X-Men Evolutions, and the portrayal of her in the movies, though I'm pissed off at her becasue of the ending to the 3rd movie, but things are looking up!
Rogue is a charater in X-Men by Stan Lee.

#6



Carrie Bradshaw


Considering my blog this one isn't that surpising. In my opinion she's funny and has great fashion taste. Plus, she's a writer, so I guess I have someone to aspire to be, I just haven't written about sex, yet. Hey maybe I'd get more readers! Seriously though, I do love Carrie and I'm unashamed in that fact. Sure I want her life... and shoe collection. Though she does annoy me at times, but more in the books than the TV show.
For those who don't know, Carrie is the lead character in Sex and the City by Candace Bushell.

#5



Chell


Without saying a word, Chell is one of the strongest female characters you will ever meet. Hell, she defeats 2 different crazy robots in 3 different senarios. I don't know how better to portray Chell, but hell, she's amazing. She looks good in orange too.
Chell is a character in Portal and Portal 2, by Valve.

#4



Joanne Baldwin


Joanne is a recent addition to my list, as I first discovered her at the beginning of the year. I love the Weather Warden books, and Joanne is simply a brilliant character. She's strong, sexy, stubborn, funny and powerful.
Joanne is a character in the Weather Warden books by Rachel Caine.

#3



Eowyn


How can you not love Eowyn? She was told to stay behind by her brother and uncle, so she dresses up as a man, takes Merry (who was also told to stay behind) and joins them in the Battle of Pelennor Fields. Not only that, but when the Witch King of Angmar kills her uncle, King Theoden, she battles him, one on one, and has this epic moment, and I'll abbreviate it for you:

Witch King: No man can kill me.

Eowyn: *takes off helmet* I am no man. *stabs him in his face and kills him*

Eowyn is a character in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.

#2



Lara Croft


Ah, my Lady! I was always so in awe of her growing up. Again, strong, sexy, but she was smart and has the love of ancient cultures like I do. Hell, she went up against a T-Rex, can your hero say that? That body too, well more realistic these days, though I empathise her backpain. I don't know how better to descibe her, I don't think I'd do justice in these few lines.
Lara Croft is the main character in Tomb Raider by Eidos.

#1



Hermione Jean Granger


The Harry Potter books practically shaped my childhood/teenage years and now my adult life. As one of the 'smart girls' Hermione was my ultimate heroine, someone I could look up to and admire, not only that but I related to her too. Growing up, I had the bushy hair and over large front teeth, her birthday is a week after mine and we both love reading.
Unlike the blank Bella Swan, Hermione didn't curl up into a ball when her love left, instead she channeled her emotions into vanquishing the Dark Lord Voldemort. Throughout the series she is strong and without her, Harry wouldn't be able to acomplish anything.
I could gush for hourse about Hermione, but I wont, the majority of you will know how awesome she is anyway, and if you dont, read the books.
Hermione is the main female character in the Harry Potter books by J.K.Rowling.

I'm interested in your Top 10, hell, it might introduce to to new heroes.

Please note that most of my heros growing up, and now, are male, so maybe I should do that list.

Peace, love and all that jazz. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment